But first Coffee! (Research Topic)

But First Coffee?!

"Wait! Wasn't this a Caribbean blog?"

My dear reader, you are totally right, let me share a bit with you about this new project. As I was doing my research on my extraordinary island Cuba, I was able to find out that my favorite drink forms an essential part of their identity.

During the year 1748, coffee beans were brought from Haiti to Cuba & fortunately they decided  to stay shaping history and at the same time creating a big impact on their economy. Not only that, they also held a special place on the hearts of the Cuban  population. Until now, the majority of Cubans enjoy a sip of coffee right before the day starts and at the end of it too. Many of them see this bean as something way more valuable. For instant, they appreciate the impact that this bean has had through out the time, and with their imagination they have decided to create meaningful  artworks based on it. Take a look, is not as simple as you might think! Some Cuban artists even use this bean as an ingredient to let their ideas flow creating admirable work. 

As you enjoy your coffee this morning, I suggest you to not only look at it as just another drink that boosts up your day. Apart from that, think for a moment, what makes your coffee so special? What makes it so unique? It might be part of your family traditions, or it might bring memories to you. For me, its a treasure that has been part of my family for years, for Cubans is a treasure that has been part of their country for centuries. What about you?

As I do my research on this specific topic, I realize how easy we tend to overlook  the beauty of the small things. What if today we make it different? Let's cherish the little moments that become memories, and the memories that become part of you, as the coffee has become part of Cuba.

Pd. I couldn't resist sharing this topic with you. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my hot cup of coffee in the morning!😍



Comments