*Intro: What impact does coffee production has in the culture and economy of Cuba?*

Saturday evening,around six pm, I am peacefully enjoying my favorite caramel macchiato at the lovely cafeteria White Windmill. Surrounded with the familiar faces of my best friends, laughing and sharing stories, I cannot help but think about the value of coffee in my life. Coffee simply represents so much more than just a simple bean. Coffee represents all the stories, the laughs,the memories and the traditions shared over a cup of it. Cubans and I share this principle. For Cubans, coffee is one of their major exports, as a result it represents an enormous impact to their economy. However, the coffee bean indicates so much more. Brought to Cuba from Haiti during 1748, coffee has stayed and until now, the majority of Cubans don't start the day without first enjoying a hot and strong sip of coffee. For instant,on this country, the coffee bean has a meaningful value, an intriguing history staying in their hearts and a constant impact that keeps shaping the identity of the island by providing to the economic and also to the cultural aspect of Cuba.






Comments